Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest Chapters 98 to 102 Review

Boobs? Boobs! Boobs.

Yes, sorry I'm late and sorry it's taken me this long to do another review and sorry I've been busy with my real life. You all know this stuff already. So as an apology, I will include every big fanservice picture at the bottom of this review that came up during these chapters. Hope you enjoy them, and the review itself of course.

This is either the best or worst censoring ever and I'm too sleep-deprived to know or care which.


I'll be blunt, I didn't think Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest would last this long. Not necessarily complaining, I just find it surprising. It's had a lot of ups and downs throughout the chapters, from great laughs to terrible Elentir arcs, but I can at least say it's a better sequel than others out there that may or may not have ended recently and put me into a depression...


First of all, it's always nice to see Wendy get appreciation and showcase her growth. We've seen proof it many times by now, but Irene confirming she was only the feather to Wendy's Dumbo really is a great reminder that Wendy has one of the most subtle yet impressive growths in recent manga memory. Her fight itself was fun enough too, and it does make me wonder how much the series will take advantage of Pantherlily knowing Wendy's secret. Lots of opportunities, but I don't want to get my hopes up for shenanigans or drama.

Epic bro fist, bro!

Anyone else kinda cringing at how both Misaki and Kiria-sama just happen to have powers perfect for cutting up womens' clothes so we can see some cleavage? I've said it many times, that I don't particularly mind fanservice and can sometimes even enjoy it if it's done well, but both the main girl baddies at the moment stripping the two main girls, and only the two main girls, feels a bit childish from a writing perspective. And now even Lucy has unlocked that ability too!

I'm sure we can all agree though that it's a shame that Juvia and Levy's only contribution to this arc so far has been a funny joke. I don't like comparing a series to One Piece, but it would really be awesome to see Fairy Tail try and go for their climaxes sometime. You know, where everyone feels like a player as they all run around the place and get into fights or interfere with the environment, and then the arc basically becomes controlled chaos. 

Probably one of the best interactions Natsu has had with a character in a long while.

Okay, back to positive. Suzaku! Natsu fighting Suzaku is the kind of fight you want to see, with lots of movement, a funny joke and a bit too much talking. They try different things, they hit each other with flashy moves in a fashion akin to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, and then they get interrupted by the sexy Ignia who is probably here not because of the plot, but because it's the 100th chapter. This guy has a "flare" for the dramatic.

Good ol' Gajevy. The only couple in this picture with proof they've touched naughty parts.

Of course, the newest chapter is probably the one you want me to talk about the most. A good laugh, Kiria being naked and humiliated is hilarious because, let's face it, she deserves it. And if you didn't think she deserved a bit of punishment before, she definitely works to convince you in these pages as she cuts Laxus' strength to make him submissive and then CUTS OFF LUCY'S ARM!!!

Part of me wants to scoff because I know it will probably be reversed soon, if not in the very next chapter, but I can't because what a shocking twist to this fight. Our guards were completely down thanks to the fanservice and comedy, and suddenly bam! Lucy's arm, the one her dystopian future self lost, goes flying off. The Fairy Tail emblem she so proudly displays as much as she can now detached from her body. This is probably the worst thing Kiria could have done at this moment, and it's a gruesome yet fantastic display of villainy.

So to sum up the past FIVE CHAPTERS (holy shit...); lots of great fights, a nice surprise appearance by the mysterious Ignia, the fanservice feels unnecessary but it also worked as a great cover for the surprise attack from Kiria, and Suzaku brings out the best in everyone, even Natsu. And as always, thanks for reading. Now, enjoy what you really came here for.




Yes, Ignia counts. Shut up.






1 comment: