Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest Chapters 115 to 119 Review

If you've been following me long enough, you'll know I've always been a fan of Gajevy. So you can bet these chapter covers have made me happy, even if the treatment for Gajeel was far below what he deserves. As for God Serena... damn I wanted to believe. Anyway, enough of the opening paragraph. Let's focus on today's review.

She's laughing at me for the times I said I would get back to writing and then didn't... it was a lot of times, guys. I'm sorry. I had a tiring month.

So yeah, by nobody's surprise, God Serena is not really back from the dead. Neinhart's magic doesn't lie, and he was definitely a spirit/illusion/whatever when we last saw him fighting Gildarts. Which I wouldn't mind too much if it didn't pretend that he was real for several chapters, as if it could somehow trick us into believing this. I wanted more God Serena, I thought he was one of the most underused characters in Fairy Tail's history, but don't tell lies. That's naughty, and not the good kind of naughty. It's nice to see his wacky personality and nonsense again, at least, so that's something. 

Calling it now: A FT/Eden's Zero crossover will come, and it will be very bath-themed. Or water park. Or something else that lets Erza flash that booty.

I guess the whole point of this "alchemist" is to build up or foreshadow an upcoming arc, but I still don't like the way they've been implemented into the last quarter of this arc for two quick fights to distract us from Natsu and Suzaku's fight. And in fairness, the fight with Dogramag is actually pretty good. Lots of explosions, dramatic flair (surprised I haven't used that pun before), and a nice shiny Unison Raid to finish it off.

I'll miss you, sexy dragon-man.

I do like Diabolos, so I won't complain about them taking the inevitable route of becoming allies, but it certainly does feel like we've swept up all their terrible crimes under the rug. I have to say, does Fairy Tail just have no justice system anymore? Because damn, that's a lot of property damage, murder and acts of terrorism we're just forgiving. And no, I'm not forgiving Selene because fuck you for turning good so quickly!

I'd rather talk about who does your eyelashes. They are FAB-U-LUSCIOUS!

It's nice to see Fairy Tail continue my lifelong philosophy that being naked in the bath or shower is the perfect time for bonding and conversation. Reusing the joke by washing hair to create "a nice feeling" after it was done with Flare feels as generic and pointless as the obvious one about Natsu. Still, this is probably the best way to introduce whatever the next plot point we're about to get dropped on us, and I assume it will involve the fifth Dragon God who will turn friendly if female.






1 comment:

  1. One point about Gajeel I love they showed is that there is no powerset he can't fight with. Everyone else has to scramble to figure out how to use an ally's power and Gajeel just kicks your ass.

    ReplyDelete