Thursday, March 11, 2021

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest Chapters 76 and 77 Review

Written by Shiggins

Pandemonium? I think cat-astrophe is more appropriate! 

If you're a fan of violence, cats, spiders, boobies and sexy men with long hair and swords, chances are you'll enjoy these chapters... and every other chapter of Fairy Tail actually. If you don't look any of them, then what are you doing with your life?! Enjoying politics?! As if! The real world sucks! Let's get back to Fairy Tail!

...I thought it was cool, Natsu.

Our chapter begins with Wendy unleashing the massive tigers of Happy and Carla on Gray, who is unable to fight back due to his ice magic not working and the two kitties being his pals. That's when Natsu suddenly shows up and sends them crashing to the ground, unaware of their true identity. Before a proper explanation can be given to Gray, Aquarius decides to rush on over to Wendy.

Using her powers, Aquarius shoves a load of water down Wendy's mouth. Is it healing water? No, it's apparently poison! Wendy won't let this stop her, so she uses her enchantment "Raise" to heal herself, and this turns her back to the normal Wendy. Obviously the poison was a bluff, and then Wendy uses Raise to turn Happy and Carla back to normal too.

Well obviously I needed to put one more Cat Wendy picture in my review.

Selene is seeming to get bored and disappointed from this display, causing Youko to panic and bring in the terrifying yokai form of Erza! A terrifying spider-woman with-oh Wendy just turned her back to normal. That was fast. With Selene even more disappointed, Youko herself has to enter the battlefield. Our chapter ends with Touko and Faris arriving at the Whiteout Village, to discover it's in ruins and a mysterious foe...

Next chapter, and the mysterious foe is revealed to be that dude from Diabolos! His name is Suzaku, and he talks all "verily" and "alas". I like him already, especially since he says he didn't cause this destruction. The White Priestess shows up to reveal she brought him here from Earthland, and goes through some confusing explanation on what these women are... I'm literally too confused so I'm going to just drop it here for you to read and let me know.

This is so confusing and weird to me that I'm not even registering the coincidental bullshit of Suzaku being here right at the same time s Fairy Tail.

WP has brought Suzaku here to have him defeat Selene, since he's an expert in killing dragons, but he reveals that he can't do this until he can take down Fairy Tail. As Touka and Faris try to talk him out of doing so, the fingernail dirt monsters (if that's what they actually are) attack again. Suzaku shows off his power by killing them easily. And with that, Suzaku is off to deal with Selene, and Fairy Tail.

Back at the main cast, Erza is shocked to discover she was a spider and catching up on the situation, as well as what to do next. They discuss that Selene and her girlfriends use something different from magic, and this is when Youko interrupts them to fight. Wendy uses an enchantment on everyone to let them fight, while Youko activates "Pandemonium". 

Opinion: Erza vs Pandemonium 2!

Are we about to have a repeat of the time Erza did an amazing win during the Grand Magic Games, where she singlehandedly wipes out 100 monsters and everyone watches in awe, inspired by her strength and such? I'd be shocked if they didn't at least reference it, considering the name and these multiple unique foes we're seeing in this one page, one of which I can't stop laughing at.

The bottom right rock is amazing! He looks like Geodude's disapproving father, who was so unhappy when he found out his son wanted to be a grass type!

Speaking of Erza, some people are no doubt pissed over the speed of her transformation from spider to human. And while I can see why, I am personally not on that page for a couple of reasons. For starters, fuck spiders. Fuck them to death. Boobies or not, I don't want spiders in my life! Secondly, we know how it would end before it even began so even if the fight itself is fun, it would just come across as a delay to what we're all waiting for. And third, I'd rather see this Pandemonium 2 situation. Our chapters are fortnightly, and we can't waste them right now.

Notably, we've finally met Suzaku, the Diabolos Dark Dragon Slayer Knight and the "Red Dragon". And already he seems like quite a different member of the Guild than the others we've seen so far, not attacking innocents who aren't involved with his quest, and displaying at least some more honour and resolve than Kyria or Skullion. His title being the Red Dragon... I'm going to guess he's involved with fire in some way.

Oh I love the Arabasta arc! Not as much as Water 7 but it's still a great one.

So I've noticed we've still not seen any men in Elentir. I mentioned this before in an earlier review, but is this a world of only women? If so, that could be fun but I think we all agree we need to see Elentir's Fairy Tail. Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't seen them yet. Then again, I was surprised that the Edolas NaLu and Gruvia kids didn't stick around for this arc so I'm clearly not one to be trusted when it comes to fortunetelling.

Manga Rating: 3.5

Best Part: Suzaku joins the arc.

Worst Part: Fingernail dirt monsters?


Is it sad I'd gladly read a shopping bonus chapter? It's sad... I'm sad... And I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment