Tuesday, May 2, 2023

I'm Done writing Fairy Tail Reviews... for now.

The inevitable has happened,

If you've been reading my content for a while then you'll know I am a big fan of Fairy Tail. In fact, it's the series I decided to write about when I first started appearing on this blog. Yes, I am NOT the creator of this blog, I am the inheritor of it! But while I did love Fairy Tail, and I do enjoy the 100 Years Quest sequel stuff, I have to make a decision and do what's right for me.


To put it simply, I am going to stop writing Fairy Tail reviews. At least, for a long while.

Does that mean the end of Fairy Tail content? Not necessarily.

I'll still gladly write about Fairy Tail in my own time, with rankings or observations or another article about dick sizes that was decided by you, the reader, (no seriously, that article exists. I have no regrets), but the actual chapter reviews are ending. I'll bet there's a lot of you who aren't surprised by that reveal, considering how my reviews have been over the past year.

So if I still enjoy Fairy Tail's content, why am I stopping? Well, here's why.

As you can probably tell, I have been writing articles less and less recently. Between my job, my university course and a whole bunch of other stuff (swallows pills), I have had less time to focus on this blog. I don't earn money from the blog, I actually refused to put ads on it because it made me feel gross as soon as I was given permission to do so, and that just means I can't devote my time to writing in it as much as I'd like. I would love for this to be a job I get paid for, but I can't. 

So when I do finally get the time to write, I want to write about something fun and different, or silly, or perhaps even challenging! Instead, I'm writing about these chapters over and over again, and there's very little to actually talk about.

100 Years Quest isn't bad, but it's very clearly not trying to rock the boat either. There's no level of intrigue and build-up on the level of E.N.D or Zeref, no big revelations that will change the characters forever, no battle that Natsu might lose. This is a pleasant series but reviewing it every time it comes out feels like reviewing every weekly episode of Scooby-Doo, or reviewing the filler episodes of a Naruto anime arc. 

I have been reviewing every single chapter of Fairy Tail since I started, and that means there's at least one review since Chapter 320!!! Can you figure out why I might need to write about something else!?

And For Some Reason, I Capitalised Every Word Like This. I Hate it. I Am So Sorry For Doing That.

Yes, I still love Fairy Tail. Yes, I am grateful to every single one of you for reading my content and I hope you continue to read my writing for as long as I can provide them or make them publicly available. But I need change, and my content will only suffer if I keep trying to ignore that. So thank you, every single one of you, and please enjoy the articles I am currently working on and will hopefully provide to you soon enough.

Oh and I am not letting go of the title of "Greatest Fairy Tail fan". That's mine. Back off. 

Despite being the "Greatest Fairy Tail" fan, I never got a review code for this game. You know, despite reviewing the Fairy Tail franchise for OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS!! Yes, I'm bitter. Have you seen the DLC prices? Fuck this game!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Shiggins - first and foremost, let me say I'm really glad to hear your personal life projects are kicking. Hey, it's though, I know, but it will someday payoff. It has to, right? So keep doing your best in your work, your university course and whatever else is making you swallow those pills (tho I sure hope you won't swallow as many, joking lol).

    I've come from only sporadically reading your Fairy Tail reviews to become an avid reader of whatever you guys had to say (back when aniblogs used to be much more relevant, those were the days) so it wouldn't be a strecht to say that you and Otaku Nuts have certainly played a role in my formation as well, an otaku.

    I don't wanna get super melancholic nor anything like that, so let me say thank you. This isn't no payed job, but you do it with passion and we can certainly tell when reading it. I sure as hell miss the times when we would get 3 new articles every week, but I'd much rather have 4 passionate pieces a year than none at all. Hey, you have a vocal supporter here, so all the best for your next projects. For as along as you're willing yo share them, I'll be here to read through all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much for your support and kind words! It's so appreciated, sincerely!
      I remember those 3 articles a week days, they were awesome but sadly, as I'm sure you can guess, those times are just gone now. All of these decisions I've made over the year come from necessity, I assure you, and I'll try not to let any of you down!

      Delete