Thursday, February 16, 2023

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Chapters 124, 125 & 126 Review

My kind of party.

If you're a long-time reader of my "work" (to use that word lightly), then you'll probably have been able to guess my enjoyment of these chapters already. I'm a big ol' sucker for the goofy and the relaxed, as shown by my love of the Mission Yozakura Family and Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun manga, both of which I could rant about all day and reaaaally should make articles about at some point. And here we are with some more character goofiness, bikinis and... Jellal?! Ugh, worst chapters ever.

Wendy looks like she's 12, bro... Japan strikes again! 

I want to bring up something that is honestly just funny to me, but it's unintentional this time; Sabertooth's guild has the legendary library. 

Now, Sabretooth have some of the best and smartest characters, this is true. Minerva, Yukino, that dude with the black lightning is obviously an Einstein of the new era, but their guildmaster was a psychopath bruiser who abused everyone, believed in power over all else, and didn't understand how to shave his beard when he became a demon. There is no way in HELL that he let a library run around under his watch. "Maybe it was built after he left?" I hear you sputter! Well, my hypothetical friend, you don't get to be legendary after 3-5 years unless you're Morbius so I am calling bull-shenanigans! This plothole is so big that if it were in a Star Wars project, petitions would already be up to get it considered non-canon!

Yeah Erza, I'm sick of this bullshit talk too.

Of course, I enjoyed the interactions between Fairy Tail and Sabretooth, as you were expecting. I do genuinely find it a shame they can't be around a lot more, since I often find Sting a more interesting character than Natsu or Gray, but I have to take what I can get. And this might be purely me, but the fact Rogue is now obsessed with how cute Frosch is, again to me at least, is really damn funny. 

The reveal from Sorano (still not used to calling her that) that the original founder of Rebellious, the cult Touka took over when she was an interesting character, is going to be out and about as a member of the Alchemy Guild is one of those times when it's too damn convenient to even comment on properly. Although damn she's a robot/doll/android straight out of Eden's Zero? Awesome.

Do you think if Cobra or any of the other Oracion Seis had tits, we'd see them a lot more too? I miss them.

We also get our first glimpse of this new guild itself, including the master who looks a bit too much like Hades/Purehito for me to ignore it. This isn't another situation where God Serena looks exactly like Yuriy, and I'm meant to pretend they are different characters, is it? Because now we have both GS and this new guy on the same team, and we're one creepy Groot away from a reunion of the FT Zero trio.

Thanks to this newest chapter, we already know our next chapter or two is going to be chaotic, with characters having to fight off alchemists (probably because of a bounty on their heads) in a new metal city that begs for more exploration and expansion than we'll get. This is a fine series, but I do sometimes really wish we could get a proper dive into the inner workings of where we're visiting...




No comments:

Post a Comment