Thursday, November 21, 2019

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest Chapter 41 Review - Trump Card for a Counterattack

Written by Shiggins

From monthly to weekly.

So yes, it seems that 100 Years Quest has gone the weekly route instead of monthly. I must confess I'm happy about that because it means more Fairy Tail and more manga, but it's also got me wondering how to space out these reviews. Every week? Every fortnight? Well, until I've decided or someone gives advice, I'm going to go ahead and give this newbie a review. It has magical-growing bras!

She was naked before! (I mean, I'm relieved but I still demand answers)
Chapter 41 begins with Gray and Juvia in front of a tied-up Freed, Bickslow and Evergreen, who has somehow just got a new bra now, and they are confronted by an absolutely wasted Cana. Gray decides to try knocking her out, but he is surprised at how difficult it is to fight against the Drunken Fist (a long-time anime fan knows this style was perfected by Master Roshi and Rock Lee many years ago).

Cana starts to suddenly charge up her Fairy Glitter attack, but is smothered by the fluffiness of Aries, with Lucy in the Aries Star Dress revealing it's used to seal up magic, and she tracked them here with help from Plue. Wow, he's actually got a use! Anyway, Lucy takes Cana's cards from here and reveals her plan to use them to seal up the others (wow, I actually guessed that a while ago!), but it backfires and she ends up sealed instead.

Does Juvia think Lucy is a lesbian? I mean, it's not like Lucy and Cana have bathed together and touched each other tons of t-oooh.
This is when Cana wakes up again and frees Lucy, before using the cards to capture the trio tied to a tree-o. Why is she doing this, and how can she when Juvia got her magic sealed? Well, it turns out Cana wasn't possessed because she was so damn drunk. Lucy and Cana hug, and the four now vow to save/seal everyone.

Back at the Left Hand Church, Laxus and Kiria battle it out. Kiria uses her ability to slash Laxus' strength (and if you read this month's UQ Holder, you're experiencing some Deja Vu right now), but Laxus defeats Kiria anyway by saying his friend speech... I dunno, it's a bit confusing and I don't want to take it too seriously, especially since it might be a fan translation mix-up. Besides, how can I care so much when KIRIA HAS FALLEN FOR LAXUS AND MY SHIP IS HAPPENING!!

Opinion: Laxus x Kiria!

As annoyed as I am by how Laxus defeated Kiria through "already being weak", (or maybe he was just so strong that 50% of his strength was enough to win... I can believe that actually), I can't believe my prediction-joke for Laxus x Kiria actually got some attention and is happening! Laxus, you better reciprocate those feelings! If she and Erza can't get together, this is the best alternative.

Or wait, did Kiria cut Laxus free by mistake? Is he now going to help Erza? We know she's on her way back to the church but I can easily see Laxus smiling and helping her out instead. I'd be almost surprised if this arc went from one Laxus battle to another so quickly.

Don't teach this to your kids. This is not how most relationships should start. Only Laxus x Kiria.
I feel like Cana being so drunk that she wasn't hypnotised might annoy a lot of people, since it raises questions about how and why Touka never noticed, or how Cana has been this drunk for so long without realising, but I'm honestly fine with it because... well, it is funny. In a serious drama, this would annoy me, but Fairy Tail has always been a comedy-action story, so I'm actually okay with it. An objective look on this situation, and I know many of you disagree, but it's how I felt.

All in all, a much better chapter than the last one. Now, can we get more Wendy next time?

Manga Rating: 3.5/5

Best Part: Drunk Cana.

Worst Part: Laxus' confusing win.


100 Years Quest needs to create random filler chapters for comedy shenanigans. I know it will piss tons of people off, but "A Day in the Life of Sabretooth" is a chapter I'd gladly read. And I'm Fairy Tail's only True Fan so I should get what I want.
Shiggins:[Admin]   .
Born under the stars of the Dark Gods, Shiggins owns the power of the Great Eye and is utterly magnificent in his omniscience. If you dare to discover more about someone as great as him, then go ahead. And to all my friends and family members, YOU are wrong and I should be disappointed! Not the other way round!,. You can find out about him or ask him stuff on ask.fm/shigginsishere or go to his tumblr page http://otakugajeel.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment