Thursday, January 16, 2020

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Chapter 47 Review - The Tyrannic Sticky Dragon

Written by Shiggins

Crazy for coocoo.

As I take a break from my catch-up of Eden's Zero, my attention turns to Fairy Tail once again. And no, the result was not a giant spider of death. What we instead got was a very strong and brutal series that reminds me just how hard Hiro Mashima can get when he's basically got no restraints. It makes me wonder how he'd do without any rules whatsoever. For some reason, I'm picturing a Mashima-style Berserk...

I would make a joke about the internet going on fire over this, but Smash Bros had a reveal today so that job is already done.
Nebal begins his transformation, and Skullion decides there is no point trying to stop him anymore, believing Nebal will be able to kill at least a few members of Fairy Tail. Nebal's new form is seen, and he is now a buff dude radiating magic. He begins the attack on Wendy, and it is a brutal doozy!

Buff Racer? Bracer?
 After the destruction of her roar by Nebal's Sticky Roar (that just gets grosser the more you think about it), she is ensnared by his webs and made to take another series of punches. Despite her enchantments, this combo is enough to nearly break her. Her Dragon Force switches off like a knocked out Vegeta, and Nebal begins his sadistic banter with her.
Wendy begins to cry from her own inability to win this alone, hating how weak she has become and how she's letting everyone down. Just as she's about to be consumed by Nebal, she activates her newest magic enchantment... Irene Belserion!

Opinion: Ok, I admit like Nebal.

To be more clear, I find Nebal's sadistic nature fascinating. He's the kind of villain who probably knows he's not going to be in the show long, so he's hamming it up as much as he can to leave an impression. His nickname of "Coocoo" has gone from a cute laugh to dark humour, and his treatment of her is horrible. So well done, Nebal. You're about to die, but you won't be forgotten.

I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed in Nebal not turning into something big, but I've seen a lot of gaming news this week, so I have nothing else to cry about, but at least he's bringing the speed and the pain with his Dragon Force. Since we know he's been abandoned by Skullion and he isn't exactly the type to join Fairy Tail, this is about to become Nebal's end. I'm betting the Dragon Force of the 5th gen is a classic example of when anime attacks drain your life, so Wendy better take him down quickly before Mest learns what outfit she's wearing.

Oh hey, a shoutout to Chelia! Good for her.
Wendy can become Irene now... sure. I mean, feel like we've seen stuff like this before, Mirajane turning into Seilah being the first thing that came to my head, but I'll live with it. If I'm right, when Wendy was possessed until Irene left her body, some magic was left over and now Wendy is upgrading it with her enchantments. What can she do with them? Well, I doubt we'll see meteors or Universe One, but perhaps some sort of new dragon form? A minor version of Universe One, but acting like it's Trafalgar's Law "Room"? There's stuff here to use.

Manga Rating: 3/5

Best Part: Nebal's torture.

Worst Part: No other characters were shown.

Oh good. I'm now reminded that monster rat exists. Thanks for that.
Shiggins:[Admin]   .
Born under the stars of the Dark Gods, Shiggins owns the power of the Great Eye and is utterly magnificent in his omniscience. If you dare to discover more about someone as great as him, then go ahead. And to all my friends and family members, YOU are wrong and I should be disappointed! Not the other way round!,. You can find out about him or ask him stuff on ask.fm/shigginsishere or go to his tumblr page http://otakugajeel.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment