Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Chapter 58 Review - Ice and Water

Written by Shiggins

This show needs to chill!

Sometimes, you need a chapter like this. One that is so absolutely insane and utterly ridiculous that it's almost everything you wanted without even realising it at the time. Today's chapter is embracing the side of Fairy Tail that is always a treat... Basically, I'm trying to pass on to you all that this chapter is batshit crazy and that's a great thing!

Juvia is a treasure trove for the out-of-context explorers out there.

Juvia is still trapped inside Metro, and her body is heating up from her arousal and fluster towards Gray's sort-of confession of love last time. Metro is in agony, and Juvia can't stop so Gray gets the idea to... use Juvia's body. That's the best way to explain it, without looking at the pictures. Metro can't defend because of Juvia's heat, and so the duo defeat him with a Unison Raid finisher.

On the battlefield, the golems disappear and GS-Aldoron is shocked by Metro's defeat. Gray goes full tsundere when Juvia pressures him to repeat what he said earlier, but he's smart enough to show he cares before I get angry at him. As everyone else tries to figure out what to do next, and I wonder how this chapter could possibly get any better... Brandish appears!

Brandish and Best both start with B. Coincidence? No such thing.
Yes, Brandish of the former Spriggan 12 and someone you know I adore! Why? Well, she's here for a dessert and has just been sitting on her ass watching all this go down. Now, she's fed up with this arc and decides she's going to make a Dragon Slayer giant to beat up Aldoron. Which one? Well... Gajeel is the only one there. And finally, we come to see Jellal having surprising difficulty with Gears. Gears summons gears onto Jellal's body, and Gears' gears tell Gears... something.

Opinion: A chapter for me!

A giant Gajeel (if this doesn't happen, I will be as broken as that vase you gave me for my birthday and I pretended I didn't drop. Sorry!), the sudden appearance of Brandish, a Gray x Juvia moment, Jellal actually getting challenged... All we needed was Laxus and a crossover with Yuri Plisetsky and I'd have been able to fill out my bingo card!

Okay, this set-up is so perfect that I'm scared of another disappointment.
Last time, I predicted that Gray would spew compliments with relentless speed to Juvia to make her basically explode inside Metro, which I still say would have been a lot of fun and even quite sweet, but having Gray turn her into a hammer is an acceptable alternative. And let's face it, far more in-character for him.

I want to turn your attention to Brandish, because let's really think about this. Brandish has a parfait and is absolutely chill, which says she was here when people were around to serve her (before they were revealed to not be real). And knowing Brandish, she was here before the Fairy Tail members arrived. Imagine her sitting there, during this entire arc, as Diabolos attacked, the Fairy Tail Guild fought amongst themselves, the people were revealed to be part of Aldoron, and the God Seeds rampaged... The little-to-no fucks that this character gives is everything I strive to be, and if you can't see why that makes her so amazing, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Gears, just say you're a bad guy. It'd have the same effect as whatever this is.
What else can I say here? Fairy Tail went full weird on me this week, and I embrace it for that. I like weird. Is it stupid that Brandish is here at all, when we saw no sign of her being in the arc anytime before now? Yes but it's funny, fits her character and is going to result in a giant Gajeel so I'm happy! Does Juvia being a happy hammer for Gray make any sense whatsoever? Not really, but it's funny! I can't praise this kind of chapter enough, and it made me happy. I don't need anything else.

Then again, Eden's Zero got 6 full pages of coloured swimsuit fanservice this week. Fairy Tail didn't...

Okay, now I'm mad!

Manga Rating: 5/5

Best Part: Comedy madness!

Worst Part: What is Gears even talking about?

IT CONNECTS TO THE LAST CHAPTER COVER!

Shiggins:[Admin]   .
Born under the stars of the Dark Gods, Shiggins owns the power of the Great Eye and is utterly magnificent in his omniscience. If you dare to discover more about someone as great as him, then go ahead. And to all my friends and family members, YOU are wrong and I should be disappointed! Not the other way round!,. You can find out about him or ask him stuff on ask.fm/shigginsishere or go to his tumblr page http://otakugajeel.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an email id I could reach you on, Shiggins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, just go to otakunuts@live.com or ask me anything here.

      Delete